K-6 Internet Teaching Resources
The foundation of the average elementary level curriculum is math, science, English or language arts, and global studies that teach children about the world around them. In addition to traditional lectures and assessments, teachers strive to find interesting and creative ways to teach fundamental
There are lesson plans that are designed for specific grade levels, and some can be adapted for any grade or skill level. With the Internet being used in classrooms on a regular basis, Webquests provides an interactive activity for the whole class to work together as a group or individualized activities that speak to an individual child's special skills or interests.
A child's innate abilities begin to blossom about the time kindergarten rolls around and the savvy teacher can pretty well determine what an individual child's strong suits are. These strengths form the basics of that child's personality and character and are likely to follow them throughout their lives. The internet makes it easier than ever for a teacher to encourage personal growth both in and out of the classroom.
read more . .
article continued from above...
Projects that cross the curriculum can meet a variety of state goals. The Internet provides a wealth of resources that can be used to enrich lessons. These K-6 internet teaching resources are a great place to get started and, who knows? Kindergarten today, doctor of law tomorrow. Or of neuroscience. Or astrophysics. Or...!
- Teaching Resources for Math Teachers: A variety of games for students and a number of resources for teachers.
- Math Dictionary: An alphabetized list of math concepts are defined in simple language.
- Multiplication Facts: Teachers can find printable worksheets, flashcards, classroom games, and interactive games to teach multiplication.
- Mathematics Archives: Check out real lesson plans to help students learn math skills.
- Discovery Education: Lesson plans in mathematics for grades K-5.
- I Love That Teaching Idea!: A collection of creative math projects for grades K-6.
- Math Fact Cafe: Printable math worksheets and flashcards for grades 1-4.
- RHLSchool: Free printable worksheets for primary math classes.
- Super Kids Math Worksheet Creator: Create math worksheets for a variety of elementary math concepts.
- Math Reference Tables: A collection of reference tables for any math topic.
- Elementary Math Games: A good resources for games and worksheets for elementary grades.
- EconEd Link: Lesson plans about money and economics for grades K-High School.
- Teachnology: A resource for lesson plans and teaching tools for any grade level.
- The Teachers' Place: The teachers' resource area of the popular Math Forum supplies lesson plans, links to ideas for the classroom, and information on professional development.
- Unit Plans: Lesson plans and activities geared toward common science elementary science units.
- Neuroscience for Kids: Projects and activities to teach brain related lessons.
- EcoKids: The focus of this site is the ecology. A free registration for teachers allows access too lesson plans, activities, and other tools.
- Science Buddies: A collection of science fair project ideas.
- U.S. Department of Energy: The Department of Energy offers a searchable database of lesson plans on energy and the environment for all grade levels.
- NOVA Teachers: The PBS program has a number of teacher tools and resources that can be used in conjunction with their episodes.
- NASA Quest: Aerospace lesson plans for grades K-High School.
- Science NetLinks: As a part of Thinkfinity, Science NetLinks offers a collection of tools, resources, and lesson plans for teachers.
- Magic School Bus: Games and science experiments based on Mrs. Frizzle's adventures.
- Science Webcams: A collection of sites offering science related webcams from around the world. Teachers can use footage of playful otters or erupting volcanoes to enrich lessons.
- National Geographics Lesson Plans: National Geographics provides lesson plans centered around geography and mapping.
- Enchanted Learning: A collection of activities and blank worksheets aimed at the thematic units of the elementary curriculum.
- The Library of Congress: The LoC's digital collection allows teachers to use primary sources in their classrooms.
- UNESCO World Heritage Sites: Study other countries by finding out more about World Heritage sites. They are listed by country and their importance is explained with pictures.
- World Digital Library: International maps, photographs, and films are available for classroom use.
- Worldmapper: A collection of world maps with resizing used to illustrate themes like population, income, and land area.
- The Global Education Project: Appropriate for use in 4th-6th grade classrooms, this is an accumulation of world data.
- Center for Global Studies: This is a list of K-12 educational resources compiled by the University of Illinois.
- Geography Educators' Network of Indiana, Inc: Geography and map skill lesson plans geared toward teaching elementary students.
- Around the World: A webquest for 2nd grade students learning about the continents.
- Diamante Poems: An online interactive template to help students learn how to properly format a diamante poem.
- Utah Education Network: Language arts lesson plans for the elementary grades with cross-curriculum ties.
- Can Teach: English and Language Arts projects and teaching resources for elementary grades.
- Kaboose: Printable word puzzles based on holidays and themes.
- PBS Teachers: Activities, lesson plans, and classroom resources from PBS.
- Kidzone: In addition to reading and writing projects for primary grades, this site offers Dolch word lists and flashcards.
- School Express: Free worksheets to reinforce the skills learned in Language Arts.
- United States Mint: Language arts lesson plans that incorporate time and change.
- Getty Museum: Combine language arts and art with these lesson plans for the elementary grades.
- Mad Glibs: Online Mad Libs that can be used for elementary grade levels.