College Education Online: French Language Resources
A s students of the language know, learning French as a second or third language can at times seem a daunting task. Luckily, the Internet can aid students in learning French with a sea of information and helpful guides and lessons. On the other hand, teachers have to create or find interesting and engaging French lesson plans to complement their curriculum. In this article, you will find some fantastic links to French language education and resources organized in various categories for both students and teachers. In "Resources and Exercises for Students," you will find online lessons and resources to help you improve your overall French understanding and skills. In "Resources for Teachers," you will find lesson plans, activities, worksheets, and other resources. Since you are learning French, it is imperative that you learn some facts and history about the country and you will find much of this information in "Sites about France." In "French Culture and News," there will be links to help you understand the French people on a deeper level. Finally, "French in Canada" will focus on the French culture and language in Canada and how it is both similar and different than in France.
Resources and Exercises for Students
- French Language Exercises: The webpage provides exercises on relative pronouns, interrogatives, and more.
- Grammar Exercises: Here, you can brush up on your articles, prepositions, verbs, and so on.
- Bonjour de France: If you want to learn French from the French, here's the place to go.
- Best French Sites: Come here to find college sites, games, literature links, and more.
- Dictionary: Great online French-English-French dictionary.
- Learning French: A good place to start learning French with resources, worksheets, and more.
- French Lessons: The lessons cover French words, French phrases, French verbs, and others.
- French Resources: The webpage provides numerous links for French students.
Resources for Teachers
- Lesson Plans: Entire series of lesson plans for the elementary level.
- More Lesson Plans: Come here to find French lesson plans for K-3 students.
- Educational Resources: The webpage provides printable French worksheets, posters, puzzles, and more.
- Fun Pages: Pique your students' interest with these fun online activities.
- Arts & Crafts: Here are some ideas for arts and crafts lessons in French.
Sites about France
- France: An excellent overview covering French history, people, economy, government, foreign relations, and more.
- France in the US: The official website of the Embassy of France in Washington.
- French Tourist Office: If you are planning to visit France, here's a good place to start.
- France & England: A parallel timeline of the history of these two countries.
- History & Civilization: Learn about French history and civilization in this interactive experiment.
- Paris: Come here to learn all about the capital of France, including its history, attractions, and accommodations.
- Liberty, Equality, Fraternity: Great place to explore the French Revolution.
- The Eiffel Tower: Provides information on one of France's most famous landmarks.
French Culture and News
- French Culture: Here, you can find information on French cultural events in Atlanta, Chicago, Miami, New York, San Francisco, and other cities.
- Creating French Culture: Take this tour to understand more about French culture.
- Louvre: Official website of one of the most important museums in the world.
- France 24: One of the best sources for French news on the Internet.
- Le Monde: Here, you can read news about France, in French.
French in Canada
- Canadian Parents for French: The organization is dedicated to increasing the quality and availability of French as a second-language in Canada.
- Famous Canadian French: Here's a look at some famous Canadian French like Laurent Leroux, Emile Benoit, Michael Bastarache, and more.
- Canadian French Facts: In this article, you will find some facts about French-speaking Canadians.