Essay Writing Resources
It is important to develop efficient writing skills because without proper writing it would be difficult to effectively communicate through writing. Poor writing skills may lead to misinformation. If a person has poor writing skills, they may convey wrong or inconclusive information unintentionally. Possessing good writing skills will lead to a better future through more streamlined communication.
Obtaining constructive writing skills and being able to convey them at work can help improve a person's perception and reputation as an eloquent and intelligent person, capable of effective communication.
Effective information gathering is vital in fields of work where other people rely on the word of another. Thanks to TV detectives, most of us understand the importance of truthful communications in solving crimes and, thanks to all the doctor shows, we expect a medical staff to make a diagnosis pretty much with test results alone but the story changes when the two fields are combined
- Journalism Resources – A resource of online searching and information gathering websites.
- Gathering Information – A guide in collecting information and research on your writing assignment.
- Information Gathering Using Decision – Information on how to develop a decision-theoretic approach in gathering information.
- Information Gathering Skills – A list of frequent questions to ask when gathering information.
- Gathering Information – Information on how to gather that clarifies and supports your focus.
- Information Gathering Tools – Informational tools on gathering research such as statistics, interviews, and case studies.
- Gathering Information – A guide on how to gather information and develop a theme for your assignment.
Great ideas often lead to great outcomes but if the planning process cannot be conveyed effectively, the best-laid plans fall through. Don't limit your ideas of planning to things like architecture, agendas, and the annual fishing expedition. Every effective essay begins with a plan and an idea. Without the plan, the idea will go nowhere.
- Online Guide to Writing and Research – A writing plan that helps control your assignments and get them in on time.
- Writing Assignment – A guide of general suggestions to help create and plan writing assignments.
- General Advice for Creating Effective Writing Assignments – A list of instructions that explain the assignment and planning for creative writing.
- Collaborative Writing – How to collect information for collaborative writing.
- Research Writing – A guide on essay writing and how to gather information for an effective essay paper.
- Planning and Writing – Information on how to organize and plan for writing an informative essay.
- Good Writing – A guide on how to produce good writing.
- Resources for Writers and Writing Instructors – A list of different writing resources for effective essay writing.
- External Resources – A list of external resources on citations, contexts, and style concerns.
- Writing – Learn tools on how to write a research paper.
- Plagiarism and the Challenge of Essay Writing – An explanation of how to develop the skill of proper referencing in essay writing.
- Essay Writing Checklist – A checklist of everything you need for a great essay.
A good writer knows how to edit what he or she writes. A great writer knows to turn the editing over to someone else. Even so, that someone won't want a completely rough draft from which to work and if the editing service is a paid one, the price goes up as the writing quality goes down. That way, any writing phobias can be overcome in the privacy of one's home, not in front of a classroom of scholars.
- The Editing and Rewriting Process – Information and tools on how to edit essays.
- Writing Guide: Editing and Proofreading Strategies – Examples of editing and proofreading strategies.
- Online Grammar Handbook – A resource of editing tools for grammar, punctuation, and other problems.
- General Strategies for Editing and Proofreading – A guide on various strategies for both editing and proofreading.
- Copy Editing and Computerized Design – Different ways to learn how to edit writings.
- Punctuating Quotations – The rules and examples that help with punctuating quotations in your writing papers.
- Questions on Quotation Marks – How to edit properly with quotation marks.
Writing Tips and Tricks
No matter how comfortable you may feel with the written word, writing tips and tricks can enhance anyone's ability to write winning essays, legal opinions, love letters, or anything else that strikes one's fancy. Even seasoned pros enjoy picking up fresh, new writing tips and tricks as work progresses and old ideas become stale and mechanical
- Tools and Tips for Writing Papers – A resource guide on tools and different tricks for writing papers.
- Some Tips for Writing History Papers – How to write an effective history paper with helpful hints and tips.
- Academy Resource Center – A glossary of common writing terms and how to use them.
- Grammar and Punctuation Help – Information on grammar and punctuation exercises.